Re: Question about Consent Governance
From: Brian Bartholomew (bartholomew.brianyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:37:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Under these circumstances, what outcome is best for the community?
> Failure of the proposal, and acceptance of the status quo?  Or, an
> over-ride of the remaining objection, such that the will of the
> (strong) majority is accommodated in the decision?

In one local cohousing-like situation I heard about, the holdout was
diagnosed mentally ill.  She was legally declared not competent and
temporarily imprisoned in a healthcare setting, then the rest did what
they wanted.  I'm not a doctor, but her behavior sounded crazy to me.

Of course, the Soviets did the same thing to dissidents.

In another local situation, an owner of desirable land was allowing
campfires to escape and become forest fires, and living under an
overturned boat.  I'm not a doctor, but that behavior sounded crazy to
me.  Not only was he imprisoned, but his property title and the
resulting sale proceeds were stripped from him.  That seems too much.

What rules do you want followed when you're the dissenter?

Brian