Re: Eugene Cohousing (Lynn Dixon)
From: T G (triciamill9gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 12:51:35 -0700 (PDT)
Wow!!! This whole thread is quite astounding. Not a single person has been
able to have any empathy for the concerns of the existing community.
Cohousing communities choose to have parking on their perimeter because
they want a car free community where their children can cross the street to
a neighbors safely, not have the noise of cars pasing by their front porch,
etc. YET you are all unable to understand that the existing neighbors are
concerned about the additional traffic that will come with 28 new homes at
the end of their street??

I have read numerous public comments from this group and none of them
voiced any concern that this was a cohousing community. The exact opposite,
in fact. Many stated their initial excitement at this happening.

I thought I was interested in cohousing, but the total lack of any empathy
towards others has turned me away.

I will seek other more accepting forms of community. In addition. People
may want to look up the origin of the word NIMBY before throwing it around
as an insult.

Just Wow!