Re: Owning and Renting in Cohousing [ was Diversity Problem
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 09:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 8, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Alan O'Hashi <adoecos [at] yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> the 220volt that i mentioned means kitchen. regardless of local zoning
> ordinances, increasing density via retrofit under the radar is dicey.

The  concept I meant was a whole unit that is designed for an owner in
residence with pods designed to rent to individuals. Bed, small bathroom,
microwave, small refrigerator, desk, chair, closet. One main entrance and as
much access to the general areas as the owner is comfortable with.

They are technically roommates. No separate entrances or wired kitchens.

My next door neighbor has a two bedroom two bath unit. 825 SF. One bedroom was
separated from the rest of the apartment by a door. She had rented that room
since 2000 for $800 a month. Now she could get $1,000. Her  roommates shared
the kitchen and were welcome to use the living room but usually didn’t. They
worked all day and often went away on weekends. Some participated in the
community and others didn’t.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines