Re: investing reserve funds
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:17:17 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon's experience at Takoma Village mirror my experience at Nevada City
Cohousing, and Doyle Street Coho before that. We have finally gotten our
built-up reserves into laddered CD's. We made attempts at getting an investment
committee to look at higher interest, socially responsible investments but
found the group so conservative that it never went anywhere.

Keep in mind, that if your money isn't earning interest somewhere, you are
actually losing money every year. I think this is a realm that most cohousing
communities could do a lot better at than most do. A business opportunity for a
community-oriented, investment adviser?

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President