Re: investing reserve funds
From: Brian Bartholomew (bartholomew.brianyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 22:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
> Keep in mind, that if your money isn't earning interest somewhere,
> you are actually losing money every year.

I hear consumer price inflation is running 8%/year.  Does a roof wear
out faster or slower than 8%/year?  Maybe you would be happier with a
new roof now, than with a new roof in 15 years after 2/3 of the
purchasing power of your reserve fund has been taken by inflation.
Likewise for commercial kitchen appliances, heating and air, plumbing,
paving, well drilling, solar power, or other durable goods which might
wear out and lose value more slowly than the dollar.

Brian