Re: Discussion on inflation and reserve funds
From: Brian Bartholomew (bartholomew.brianyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 12:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
> There are other theories of economics.

There are various theories, but there was only one price inflation
rate, which everyone experienced no matter what their beliefs are.
All humans live in the same physical universe, and the facts of what
inflation happened in the past are not dependent on human opinion.
Relativism is non-sense.  If my economic theory makes an incorrect
prediction, I will seek to improve it.  In the meantime, I asked
shadowstats to defend their data collection and analysis.

If there is a hiccup in tax collection or an overspending of budget,
then municipal bonds, treasury bonds supporting the dollar, civil
service pensions, social security, government-paid healthcare, all of
these tax-funded things will be reduced in purchasing power at the
same time.  I don't see government bonds as a different risk than
savings in dollars.  Muni bonds would not have helped in Venezuela.

Brian