Applications for membership- how much information?
From: Becca Brackett (ecbrackettcohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 15:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
We are trying to regularize our membership process and create a membership application. This is Bassett creek cohousing, we are forming, have no land.

One of us says  we can't ask about number in the family, employment, needed accommodations, background etc  because it veers into the protected classes of the Fair housing law.

Is this true?  We still want to know if they want to bring their boa constrictor, and that a Medical condition might mean they can only be in a no stairs environment. I know that some basic info gets shared during open house, and information sessions.  Have groups needed to remove questions for legal reasons that they felt were relevant?

Becca

--
Becca Brackett: Bassett Creek Cohousing member,
http://BassettCreek.us      612-588-9532