Re: Accommodating strangers
From: Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 07:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
At Cornerstone, we have one guest room.  Each of our 32 households has priority
for about ten days of usage.  Sign up / reservation is mostly first come first
serve, with a few extra rules about not reserving too far ahead, etc.  On
average, guest room is booked about half the time.  If a household has exceeded
its quota, but wants to use the room anyway, it can make the reservation, with
an understanding that it might get bumped out by an under-quota household.  One
resident has had the job of managing guest room reservations for the entire 17
years we’ve been occupied.  Some households use the room a lot, others use it
rarely or never.  Sharing / swapping of time and reservations has been pretty
painless.

Thanks,
RPD