Re: Question about Consent Governance
From: Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 15:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
And because we’ve been unable to invent a mechanism we trust to distinguish
between good of the community, versus “mere” self-interest, we never seek to
invalidate an objection.  If I object to a vegan menu because it will cause
sunspots, then that’s my objection, and it's as valid as any other.  (A triumph
of equivalence?)

Which is why we’ve created instead a super-majority vote escape hatch, to be
used only after strenuous efforts within a well-structured, well-paced
consensus process have failed to obtain unanimity.  Interestingly enough, with
this option in place, objecting has fallen way off, and unanimously accepted
compromises seem much easier to accomplish.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA