Re: Accommodating strangers
From: Kathleen Walsh (kathleenpositivity.biz)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 18:22:51 -0700 (PDT)
My experience is that an informal philosophy of "spreading the good word"
has existed in the cohousing world and that many communities do offer a
time-limited stay for for folks who want to learn about the lifestyle.  I
was hosted at one community in this way many years ago while exploring
cohousing---I was assigned a host, given an informative tour and asked for
a donation that was somewhat higher than the "Friends and Family" donation
request, which I did not mind at all.

I think it would be important to establish guidelines that ensure that
members have primary access to their guestrooms. One way to do this might
be to not accept "educational stay requests" until a month prior to the
date(s) requested and to announce the request to members prior to
confirming acceptance.   It would be interesting to hear communities that
do this handle the process.

Kathleen Walsh