Re: Cut your tails
From: Bob (bobleightwomeeps.com)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 10:41:55 -0700 (PDT)
The need to cut tails parallels the prevalence of "top-posting": putting one's
reply above rather than below the quoted text. For some, it's an old pet peeve.
I see it as a matter of changing taste.

Here is my favorite summary of one disadvantage of top-posting (other than
encouraging long tails):

Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>> Top-posting.
>>> What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

Hats off to Fred Olson who has worked to keep this list readable and manageable
for many, many years!

Bob