Re: refrigerator efficiency
From: michael barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:49:31 -0700 (PDT)

Muriel,
May be you've already discovered all this.
Googling? "commercial refrigerators" ? results don't give any efficiency measure? - one needs (capacity cu. ft/annual run cost) to calculate a useful number.

Visiting https://www.energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-commercial-refrigerators/ ? finds commercial***Energy Star* refrigerators which include *annual run costs *- thus enabling an comparative efficiency calculation. i find the efficiencies are?? very similar, often identical to the second decimal place. ?? No one specifies efficiency per se but all give capacity and annual running cost. One needs a calculator for exact answers but cubic feet/annual running cost is a comparative measure of efficiency. Sadly the? Energy Star website doesn't have prices so one has to carry the product make and number to another site for prices. Arrrggghhh! I would expect efficiency to go up as price goes up (for a fixed cu.ft) but I don't see any obvious worthwhile correlation.
Nobody mentions noise levels.
I don't know how big our present frig is.
I? see strange things also on different sites - ? like 2:1 price ratio? for 2 almost identical friges
400 or 500 lbs weight for 2 other almost identical friges.

Michael