Re: Does your community clean all the common areas yourselves?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
We have a 2-story CH. The part of the downstairs that is our Guest Rooms
suite is cleaned by a professional cleaner, I'm not sure how frequently, as
those rooms and particularly that bathroom were not adequately cleaned by
the people who were hosting someone in a guest room and were supposed to
clean up after them. The Guest Room fees cover the cleaning and other costs
associated with the guest room setup.

We clean the rest of the CH ourselves and, as Liz said, it works because we
have an organizer. The tasks were all defined years ago. The organizer
encourages people to sign up for recurrent slots on a 3-month rotation as
much as possible, thanks recent cleaners, and sends out "here's what's
open!" cheery notes as needed. I don't know how satisfactory this is as I
am fortunate to not really notice dirt :)