Re: Does your community clean all the common areas yourselves?
From: Kathy Tymoczko (kathy.tymoczkogmail.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
We have a monthly Common House cleaning event on the second Saturday
morning, when pretty much everything in the Common House gets cleaned
(including floors vacuumed and mopped, kitchen rubber mats taken outside
and hosed off, there's a list of what needs to be done).  People show up on
that Saturday morning or claim a specific task and do it another time.
Bathrooms are cleaned weekly and there's a sign-up sheet for that.  Floors
get swept (but not usually mopped unless there was lots of spillage) after
community meals or other events in the Common House.  Other cleaning tasks
get done on the "general" work day that we have on the third Saturday of
the month, things like cleaning out the kitchen and cafe fridges, cleaning
the three washing machines in the basement laundry room, cleaning out the
dryer vents, sweeping exterior stairways and patio, etc.  Some things are
done monthly and some less frequently.  We also pay for cleaning and waxing
the great room floors once a year.  We usually have pretty good turnout for
both Common House cleaning day and the general workday, and pretty much
everything gets done to a reasonably acceptable standard.