Re: US news article: Invest in Senior Cohousing
From: David Mencher (menchersgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 03:50:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fred,

This is David Mencher of Cohousing Israel.
We are just beginning the seemingly perilous journey from a senior
cohousing community-in-the-making (5 years) to a group actually about to
negotiate with landowners for one of two desirable sites.  We have very
good counsel from a knowledgeable firm of architect/social developers, but
this evening is the first time those members of our cohousing group
interested in these sites are meeting to reform as a functional unit and
strategize our next moves (we are about to engage a law firm as well).
I foresee some tensions between our group, which wants to move on these
sites, and the others in our CHI community (who are more set on finding
suitable sites in very expensive Jerusalem).  Can you give me some pointers
for navigating this development without it causing irreparable strife
within the community?

Thanks
David