Re: US news article: Invest in Senior Cohousing
From: Emilie Parker (emilie.v.parkergmail.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 06:39:50 -0700 (PDT)
In our cohousing we certainly did need investors upfront to provide the
capital to buy our land, pay expenses related with getting approvals, and
collateralize construction loans.  In our community-in-process, Bohn Farm,
this stage was expertly navigated by our developer who was able to gather
both investors, and future homeowner investors to secure the land and get
the money required for our pre-construction-loan work.  This money is
needed prior to any member sale agreement and it is paid back with interest
when the entire project is completed.  It's a separate contract.  Our
investors are called partners.  The homes will still each be bought by an
individual family co-housing member when the project is done and the
investors will be paid back and make interest on their money.  Some of the
early investor buy homes.  Douglass and I invested and we will do that.
Some invested early with the intention of being members but then life
happened and they do not at this point intend to buy, but they still get
their investment back with interest when the project is completed.
-----------------
Emilie Parker
emilie.v.parker [at] gmail.com
303-317-4558 main
240-350-8533 cell
My website: www.emilieparker.com
Bohn Farm Cohousing Community of Art and Farming: www.bfcc.me
Artists Cohousing website: www.artistscohousing.com
Art Cohousing Meetup:  www.meetup.com/artists-housing-community

*Highlighted artist at 52Rhoda.com -- the address for Artistry *

*and Exclusive Handmade One of a Kind Treasures. Please take a look.*

*Art is the funnel through which spirit is poured into life.*

*Joseph Campbell*