Re: US news article: Invest in Senior Cohousing
From: Emilie Parker (emilie.v.parkergmail.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 07:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
To David Mencher,

My experience in getting the group to invest in property is limited.  But
I'll share my experience trying to get property for Louisville Artist
cohousing.  I've been starting it, a cohousing project since 2013 -- so
that's somewhat similar to your timing, David.  We went through several
property choices -- trying to secure them.  3 times we found a suitable
property and fell in love with it and had reasons to believe we were
settled on that single property.  Next step is we were directing our
energies to securing it, the group would swell in size.  We did consistent
monthly outreach.  When the specific property fell through (3 times) and we
found a different property most of the group would change.  1/2 would drop
out and this was always heartbreaking but then we kept the vision and found
another property, new people would come.  When we found the property
finally in Longmont, Bohn Farm, which was a cohousing group already in
process for quite a long time, we joined em.  Our group at that time was 20
members but we finally had just a whisper of folks actually continuing on
and Louisville Artists Cohousing joined Bohn Farm.  The point in time of
investing in the property was the keystone for the beginning of a cohesive
community.  It's heartbreaking but my gut feeling is figure out if you can
make the finances work with a subset of your folks for any of the
properties, so you can get it.  New people will come when you do consistent
outreach.
-----------------
Emilie Parker
emilie.v.parker [at] gmail.com
303-317-4558 main
240-350-8533 cell
My website: www.emilieparker.com
Bohn Farm Cohousing Community of Art and Farming: www.bfcc.me
Artists Cohousing website: www.artistscohousing.com
Art Cohousing Meetup:  www.meetup.com/artists-housing-community

*Highlighted artist at 52Rhoda.com -- the address for Artistry *

*and Exclusive Handmade One of a Kind Treasures. Please take a look.*

*Art is the funnel through which spirit is poured into life.*

*Joseph Campbell*