Hours?
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 04:23:01 -0700 (PDT)
On 10/24/2018 2:28 PM, Karin Hoskin wrote:
. . . Wild Sage Cohousing is revisiting a Play-or-Pay system and is interested
in specifics such as how to track hours
Karin's post reminded me of a topic I wanted to bring up, as Rocky Corner works to develop some kind of work policy.

We have four basic ways to compensate people for work: wages per hour worked; piece rate for countable output; salary for satisfactory performance of duties; and contract price for delivered output. They all have their strengths and weaknesses in different contexts.

I get the feeling that most cohousing communities base work requirements on the wage model: how many hours did you spend shoveling snow? Maybe the contract model would be more useful: did you finish shoveling the area you agreed to shovel? Different models might work better for different situations within the community.

What are the various ways communities measure work and determine whether people are stepping up?