Re: Emergency call system?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:06:40 -0800 (PST)
> On Nov 13, 2018, at 1:12 PM, Catya Belfer <catya [at] pobox.com> wrote:
>
>  Probably too
> pricey for us for something we hope to use less than once a year!

I can’t think of one time that this would have been helpful for us in 18 years.
Perhaps Ann can. So many of us are online 12-18 hours a day. Someone is on
24/7. It might have been the first years —2000-2003 before everyone had a phone
and/or a computer.

The fastest way to ring everyone would be on the front door intercom. It  would
mean punching in each unit number individually but you would reach a phone no
matter where the person was.

An 11:00pm plea to help with a flood in the CH brought 4-5 people within 15
minutes or so. With Siri and Apple watches people can call anyone in their
contact list for help. A fire triggers the fire alarm and we can trigger it
manually if we want to. 4 people could knock on doors and reach everyone in 3
minutes or so.

There are times when I wish for a big bell in the piazza to let people know
people have gathered for party — planned or not. It would be social, not
emergency or essential.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines