Re: consequences in community - redux
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:33:41 -0800 (PST)
I received an off-list note asking what an example of asset-based consequences
might be. After thinking about it, how the 40 Development Assets as applied by
the Search Institute could be something like this. If a neighbor has junk on
the porch in violation of the HOA rules, rather than sending a letter that
says, "clean up your porch or else ..." An asset-based approach would be as a
part of community clean up day, one of the tasks is to spruce up porches and
rather than singling the offender out, they are included. Maybe there is a
reason why the porch is a mess, maybe no money, or nobody to help, in which
case, other neighbors would pitch in and help. Rather than catching people
doing something wrong, the idea is to catch people doing something good.

Thx,
Alan O'Hashi - ECOS
EnviroCultural Organization Systems
 http://www.alanohashi.com/ecos