Re: HOA fees
From: Susan Rohrbach (sujaro539yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 06:53:41 -0800 (PST)
There is a movement afoot not to raise HOA fees and to cut back on basic
services in order to achieve this goal. We are listed as a condo assn for legal
purposes. Many people here think the fees are too high despite the fact that
there were no increases for many years. Our reserves are not where they should
be and increases are meeting resistance. I thought having some idea of what
other places charge would bring some useful comparisons. I realize that housing
costs and taxes make a difference which is why I asked for some idea of that
range as well. Any info you can provide would be appreciatedSusan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:52 AM, Ann Zabaldo<zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>
wrote:   Hello Susan –

Are you a condominium or co-op?  If so, HOA fees are based on your expenses for
running the common areas of your community.  That total is then divided among
the homeowners based on some algorithm which is usually square footage of each
unit or it can be some combination of square footage and equal shares. So
getting range of dues from other Cohousing communities is not really going To
reflect your particular community. Some will be more rules some will be more
urban some will have a higher tax basis utilities will be higher or lower.

I’m interested in what is prompting this question. Sonora has been around for a
very long time so I’m sure that you have some method of collecting dues to
support your community.  Strikes me that there must be some other Information
here prompting your question. Can you share that?  Knowing what this is will
help people on this list address your needs more directly.

Ann Zabaldo
Takomavillage
Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone