Re: HOA fees
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 15:42:31 -0800 (PST)
I live in the middle of the unit sizes at mosaic and our condo fee is
$590 per month. This covers snow removal, water, septic, managing of
all pavement, water runoff system, building repairs, and common
buildings upkeep.

We just had a reserve study done and the condo fee will go up by (I'm
trying to remember....) maybe 3% a year for the next 8 years, or
something like that, just to get the reserve up to projections.

(My house is 1050 square feet and cost $440,000 when I moved in. With
luck, it will have increased in value to be worth nearly $350,000 in
the next few years. Taxes are $6500 per year.)

We also have a "cohousing" fee on a sliding scale for all the optional
expenses. It is sliding scale and we re-bid until the average
reaches...I think its $94 this year (down maybe a percent from last
year). This covers common house laundry, work out room, hot tub, some
of the common house electric bill, communal garden, landscaping, kids
room, process workshops, retreats, etc.

Meals are separate, my partner and I spend about $100 per
month---meals are available 3 times a week.

Liz
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin, MA