Re: HOA fees
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrysociocracyforall.org)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 06:07:57 -0800 (PST)
 We made a decision to have a standard 3% increase in condo fees every
year. Then we see if we have consent to lower the increase. Have not had a
fight about condo fees in many years and our replacement reserves are fully
funded.
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
Pioneer Valley Cohousing
Amherst MA USA

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:49 AM Philip Dowds via Cohousing-L <
cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> Try this:
>
> https://www.cohousing.org/Cost_of_Living_Part_2 <
> https://www.cohousing.org/Cost_of_Living_Part_2>
>
> Thanks,
> Philip Dowds
> Cornerstone Village Cohousing
> Cambridge, MA
>
> mobile: 617.460.4549
> email:   rpdowds [at] comcast.net
>
> > On Dec 7, 2018, at 8:37 AM, Fred-List manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Susan Rohrbach <sujaro539 [at] yahoo.com>
> > is the author of the message below.  It was posted by
> > Fred, the Cohousing-L list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
> > after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject line.
> >
> > Digest subscribers, please delete most of quoted digest and
> > restore subject line when replying.   NOTE: Digest subscribers can
> > make replying easier by using "auto folders" particularly Gmail and
> > Outlook users.   See http://justcomm.org/jc-faq.htm#Q6.5
> >
> > --------------------  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS --------------------
> > I appreciate all the time people took to write back but I was not
> > trying to find out how to calculate dues or reserves. I was merely
> > looking for ranges of his fees in other communities for some general
> > comparisons. The numbers would not have to be specific to any
> > individual unit or be any proprietary info. For example, our unit is
> > 1100 sf with a half basement and fees run 195 which includes community
> > water use and internet as well as insurance, utilities etc. I just
> > wanted some comparisons.
> > Thanks, Susan

> --
​
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez  413-687-5444
Co-Founder
, Sociocracy For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/> and  New England NVC
<http://newenglandnvc.org/>
Founding Resident, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community
<http://cohousing.com/>

To talk to me about sociocracy or NVC, go here:
https://talktojerry.youcanbook.me