Re: HOA fees
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 19:50:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Susan,

Since we have single meters for the entire community rather than individual unit meters, we include all the utility costs in our condo fees. The total costs to be covered is determined by the budget we agree to every year, while the share of these costs for any particular unit is determined by the percentage interest shown in the Master Deed (determined during development and not changed since then, mostly based on unit size but also on other points such as location within the complex, floor level, views and sunlight, etc.)

The monthly fees range from $322 for the smallest studio to $724 for our 4-bedroom (we have 30 units, so the average fee is $496).

        Hope this helps.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing, MA