Re: Property manager
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 07:13:35 -0800 (PST)
We've tossed around the property management thing and wrote an RFP that
cherrypicked the stuff, like financial management, we want to do in house. As
others have said, those soft-costs are where management companies make their
money. We contracted with a pretty big company in town who did some work with
us, but compared to their other work, we were small potatoes and we eventually
drifted apart.

We contract out most of the heavy lifting, anyway - snow removal, tree pruning,
landscaping (lawn mowing, major garden tasks), common house cleaning, and have
a handyman who we trade out time in the shop for a better work rate.

My futurist view was that at some point we will all have better things to do or
become to old and infirm to take care of managing these contracts.

I've come to realize, now that we have five homes out of 16 currently on the
market, we will always have at least one person who has their wits about them
to deal with all this.
Thx
Alan O

Alan O'Hashi - ECOS