Re: condo insurance covering "slip and fall" for members?
From: John Carver (john.carverobloketure.ca)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:56:43 -0800 (PST)
We've never had a liability claim, but we know from our insurer that the same applies. The logic of it is expressed as you can't sue yourself.

A condo policy is to the collective owners as a private homeowner's policy is to the homeowner. If you fall in your own home you can't make a liability claim against yourself. Liability means being responsible for someone else's injury.

I'm in Canada where medical expenses for an injury are covered under our medical services plan, but for any expenses outside of that we would have to have some sort of accident insurance.

John Carver
Pacific Gardens Cohousing Community <http://pacificgardens.ca/>
Nanaimo, BC