Re: Seeking information about work commitments
From: Tom Smyth (tomtomsmyth.ca)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 06:43:18 -0800 (PST)
At Touchstone we use Gather (https://info.gather.coop) to run our work
program. The work committee enters all the jobs and the system computes how
many work hours per per person that works out to over the work period (4
months in our case). Folks can get accommodations/exemptions if needed. If
it's too many, we cut or reduce some jobs.

Then at an appointed time everyone goes in and picks what jobs they want
for the period. It works amazingly well (of course I'm biased but feedback
is generally quite positive). We have very high participation in our work
program and it's a fundamental part of the community.