Re: Seeking information about work commitments
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 05:39:35 -0800 (PST)
At my place, the expectation is to be on a team, clean up after dinner now and
again, lock up the common house once in a while.

Like all places, we have chronic over achievers and under achievers. In flat
management systems like cohousing, people who want to have their fingers in
every pie is detrimental. If everyone does their part - no more or no less -
there is balance that happens. When an over achiever quits and hasn’t shared
authority, big holes get left that are hard to plug on the fly because under
achievers weren’t empowered with skills and knowledge.

We’re a senior community and many neighbors are starting to realize they don’t
want to be on their death bed and saying, “I wish I would have gone to one more
meeting.” People are gone weeks or months at a time.

We contract out most of the heavy lifting like snow removal and landscaping.
Participation has evolved largely into meetings to decide who else will do the
work.

We’re now working on new jobs to count as “participation”.

Alan O'Hashi - Cyber Office
Views from Behind the Lens
www.alanohashi.com
Colorado..303-910-5782