solar tax credit
From: Laurel West (laurelwest50gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:23:40 -0800 (PST)
I'm with Richmond Cohousing.  We are a community in formation and are
hoping to break ground on our 19 unit condo style building in March.  We
are exploring the possibility of installing a solar array on the roof of
our building and are seeking info from other cohousing groups on claiming
the federal tax credit. Our accountant has told us that if we purchase the
panels through our LLC, the tax credit could flow back to the individual
members of the community in proportion to the amount of their investment.
In other words if I contribute $2000 toward the solar panels, I could claim
a $600 tax credit on my personal tax return.  Does anyone have any
experience with this?
Thanks for your help,
Laurel