Re: Parent and Participation
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 11:08:22 -0800 (PST)
As I've written before, we're much more laissez-faire at Shadowlake
Village. We have a general expectation that *households* will provide 6-8
hours per month of workshare effort but it isn't monitored or enforced.
People come to plenary meetings if they want to; some are well attended
because there's an issue widely seen as important on the agenda, and some
are sparsely attended.

We also have a budget for child care for plenary meetings and a Childcare
Coordinator who makes sure there is a child minder (often one of our teens)
or does it himself if he can't find a paid person. Households with very
young children are usually represented by one parent while the other stays
home with the child/children.
   Muriel at Shadowlake Village