Rental of rooms or Air BnBs? (Linda Smith)
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 04:38:32 -0800 (PST)
Over time, our “higher purpose” has evolved into monetizing community space to
hold down HOA dues. The common house doesn’t get used much by community
members, compared to the hours it is open.

We rent out parts of the exercise room to a therapy provider; have a coworking
space rented out to artists; two full offices rented out to artists, including
myself; rent out the meditation room to massage therapists; rent out the common
house and courtyard for meetings and now considering full on weddings; the
guest room is operated like a hotel.

We invested heavily in solar photovoltaic panels and generate enough
electricity to run the common house and earn a few bucks back in profit.

Some individual members rent out their spaces via VRBO and AirB&B. They have to
get a city permit and also a community permit. We’re now figuring out insurance
requirements and if the community is going to “tax” them for using common space
and trading on our name and  views.

Thx,

Alan O

Alan O'Hashi - Cyber Office