Developing Work Share Principles
From: Chris Terbrueggen (christopher402gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 22:05:12 -0800 (PST)
Hello, I am taking part in a participation policy group at CohoMadison/
Linden Cohousing in Madison, WI. We are in the process of developing a
participation policy for our members.  I recently came across these work
share principles for TVC. Is this Takoma Village Cohousing?  I would like
to understand some methods of how cohousing communities develop work share
principles.

Thanks, Chris Terbrueggen

Guiding Principles of Work Share

1.     a. Our mission, “TVC is an urban community that fosters mutual
support and cooperation while respecting privacy,” encourages us to foster
cooperation in this endeavor.

2.     b. Work by members is an integral element of cohousing, which
distinguishes cohousing from typical condos or other forms of group living.
We, the community, expect teams and pods and individuals to perform quality
work for the community.

3.     c. We want workshare to come out of and support the social health of
the community. Recognition and celebration of our work encourage and
strengthen our community.

4.     d. We promote accountability for work by (1) having people work in
small groups to which they are responsible; and (2) having a Pod Squad to
help people find work, and affinity groups to find people.

5.     e. We choose not to use shame or punishment or guilt. We will not
track hours worked; affinity groups will track completion of their tasks.
We will state expectations, encourage interpersonal connections, and
celebrate all that is done.