Re: Can solar farms subsidize affordable cohousing? (Dick Margulis)
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 04:53:10 -0800 (PST)
April - Microgrids are a big thing in upstate New York and for good reason.
There was a big power grid expansion recently in the Hudson River Valley to
make more power for NYC. I would contact the political subdivision in your area
and see if your city or county would want to collaborate with you on this. At
my place, we have a microgrid of sorts with solar panels on the common house
building that produces enough electricity to power the common house. The common
house is pre-wired for battery storage, if we decide to invest in those.

http://nyssmartgrid.com/microgrid/ ;

A few years ago, New York passed the 'microgrid act' that provided funding for
feasibility studies. I don't know the current state of that grant program.

Thx
Alan O.

Alan O'Hashi - ECOS
EnviroCultural Organization Systems