Re: Farming in Community
From: Sheila Hoffman (sheilahoffmangraphics.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:19:26 -0800 (PST)
Rich,
I wanted to be sure you know that the upcoming Cohousing Conference has a
session on this subject called Growing Food: Does your community grow food
or want to grow food? This panel will be led by well-known leader Mark
Musick who co-founded the regional Tilth Association in 1974 and for ten
years he was a member of a pioneer Community Land Trust farm, bring your
questions and participate in a discussion.

This is a direct link to the session: https://sched.co/Jemt
For the full conference schedule please visit the website at:
https://2019.cohousing.org

We at Capitol Hill Urban Cohousing have a rooftop farm that is used in
several ways. We're very small (9 units) and very urban so I understand this
is different than what you're looking at. We have a partnership with a
nearby restaurant who pays Seattle Urban Farm Company to farm 2 of our beds
and they have farm-to-table produce. We have one bed that is berries for the
community and one that is divided by the number of households who want to
manage a portion ala Pea Patch approach. This is a page on our website about
the farm: https://capitolhillurbancohousing.org/rooftop-farm/

Sheila Hoffman
Seattle
2019 Cohousing Conference co-chair