Re: Farming in community
From: Rich Wilber (richwilbercomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:40:17 -0800 (PST)
Sheila,

Urban rooftop farming! I love it, and I love how you are including the greater
community with the rooftop farm. We are also hoping to inspire others to follow
our example, and plan to have some educational aspect to the farm. So most of
your farm is managed by an outside hired farmer, and you also are managing a
portion yourself? This is similar to what we would be doing if we decide on
setting up a farm entity, probably an LLC, to run the farm. Besides the farm,
we also plan on having community garden space for the residents. People who
aren't interested in working on the farm would still be able to grow their own
food, or perhaps they might want to grow a specialty crop. We also plan on
establishing an edible landscape, nut trees, berry patches, plants for
pollinators, etc. The community gardens and edible landscape would be managed
by the community, but we haven't decided yet how the farm would be managed.

Rich Wilber
Rocky Corner Cohousing

P.S. Yes, I know about the Cohousing Conference, but we will most likely be in
the midst of moving into our community at that time. I would still like to
attend, but I'm not sure I will have the time this year.