Working Effectively with Challenging Community Members - Webchat Mon, Apr. 29
From: Diana Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:34:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fred,
        I’m sending this to you two ways, and hope it comes through. And hope
it’s acceptable and can be published on the list. Thank you in advance. ;) Diana

Hello,
        I’m doing a Webchat through Coho/US soon, on Monday, April 29:
         Four Kinds of Especially Challenging People in Community — How to
Better Understand and Work with These Community Neighbors Effectively

        There’s no charge. The time is 5pm Pacific, 6pm Mountain, 7pm Central,
and 8pm Eastern. The WebChat will be recorded and available to watch later on
the Coho/US website.
         If you join in the live session on Monday the 29th you’ll be able to
ask questions, and given enough time, share your ideas about this topic too.
        I will focus mostly on what I see as the most disruptive community
behavior, and touch more  briefly on the other three kinds too.
        I’ll share six relatively simple things anyone can do, and one thing a
group of neighbors can do together, in order to be less affected by the
person’s behavior. And to experience more peace of mind and safety when
interacting with the person. I’ll also talk about one thing the whole community
can do to create more peace of mind and safety in meetings as well.
        I’ll provide handouts and some graphics.
        My background for this topic comes from my work as a community
consultant, and workshop, webinar, and conference presenter for cohousing and
other kinds of intentional communities. I’m the author of Creating a Life
Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Other Intentional
Communities. I’ll be doing workshops at the upcoming Coho/US National Cohousing
Conference too. I’ve lived in community for 15 years. Although it’s not
cohousing — but the interpersonal issues are the same!
        All good wishes,
        Diana Leafe Christian