Re: Trampolines
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 08:54:10 -0700 (PDT)
On 4/16/19, 9:51 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of G/P Looney-Burman"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of burloon [at] fresnocohousing.org> wrote:

    Do any communities have any experience, policies or issues with trampolines
    in a resident's "exclusive use area" i.e. private backyards?
 ____

One of our families, with 3 fast growing boys, put up a trampoline behind their
house. It is in the common area, and they took the approach of "asking
forgiveness rather than approval."  And no one complained!,  at least not
publicly.  The kids love it! It is nicely nestled in a place that feels
private, but with lots of eyes on.

IMHO, if those of us want who live in intergeneration communities, want to keep
and attract families with kids, we need to be willing to make reasonable
accommodation for kids play.... fort building, bike jumps and trampolines are
the kinds of play many remember as favorite childhood memories....but the
insurance companies and attorneys would likely tell us to forbid such things.
Let's not let the fear of liabilities ruin kids play.  Life is full of risks,
and one of them is the risks of growing up being better at video game play than
creating your own play in the great outdoors.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions