Check Local Laws and Insurance Rates First [was Trampolines
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 10:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 17, 2019, at 8:44 AM, Eris Weaver <eris [at] erisweaver.info> wrote:
>
> I agree with Sharon, you need to double-check your deeds - just because
> the community sees the backyards as private doesn't mean they are
> legally. [snip] Your biggest issue isn't going to be local ordinances -
> legality - it's
> going to be INSURANCE.

On topics like this, we would have saved many hours of agonizing community
discussions if we had checked the city laws about outdoor cats, for example,
before  deciding if we wanted to allow them, or with the insurance company
before we talked about a table saw and allowing neighbors to use the workshop.

Conflict-rich discussions can be informative and clarify values but having them
with a clear understanding of the legal and financial limitations makes them
more realistic and less hypothetical.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines