Re: To HIre or Not to Hire a Cohousing Consultant?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:29:32 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 21, 2019, at 3:02 PM, frances woolison <franceswoolison [at]
> hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Our group has been busy, mostly working on marketing and recruiting new
> members.  After a year of limited success, we feel like we’re going in
> circles. How do we know what this project will cost? When should we
> incorporate? How do we keep the interest of individuals who come to our
> information sessions, and those who become associates?  How and when do we
> set up equity memberships?  And the big question, should we hire a cohousing
> consultant?

My hunch, and I would like others to weigh in on this, is that the hard parts
are in finding land and the construction process. There are judgement calls
about the people part but you can only do what you can do. There are many
people who can advise you on this — Ann Zabaldo could work with you on Zoom,
for example.

Finding land and doing construction is different. I’m wondering if a local
_experienced_ construction manager could be helpful working with someone who is
experienced with cohousing development.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines