Re: fire and safety hazards from hoarder
From: Bob Leigh (bobleightwomeeps.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
Also, be aware of this, from a different page at the Mayo Clinic website:

“Treatment of hoarding disorder can be challenging because many people don't
recognize the negative impact of hoarding on their lives or don't believe they
need treatment. This is especially true if the possessions or animals offer
comfort. If these possessions or animals are taken away, people will often
react with frustration and anger and quickly collect more to help fulfill
emotional needs.“

So dealing with such situations is not as simple as getting a crew to “clean
out” the home, even though the TV shows may imply that.