Got Conflict?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 17:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello neighbors far and near!

I'm running a workshop on conflict at the cohousing conference in
Portland. This is a pre-conference workshop on May 30 from 1:30 to 5
pm.
(I'm not going to call it conflict resolution because one of the
things we'll wrestle with is "can this conflict be solved?")

I'll provide a list of questions to ask about how to handle a variety
of sorts of conflicts, give a short discussion on family systems
theory and how it makes sure conflict keeps happening, and then we
will work through a set of case studies and work out how you might
handle these conflicts. I hope to have a few chances for people to try
some listening exercises that are useful for mediation.
The case studies are developed from the northeast region's cohousing
conference, so all are real things that have happened in real
cohousing communities. (I'll also ask everyone registered to submit
challenges they are facing, and then make those stories anonymous to
add to the case studies.)

In the second half of the workshop we will get to the really difficult examples.

I hope you'll sign-up for this hands-on experience.

--
-Liz
Elizabeth Mae Magill, Mosaic-Commons Cohousing, Berlin, MA