new payment methods
From: Heather Carver (tierrabodhigmail.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hello!
Is any community using payment apps (Venmo, Cash App, etc)?

Here at Columbia Ecovillage we have a number of smaller transactions that
are usually paid in cash or by check--guest rooms, meals, laundry soap, use
of dryers, buying eggs produced by our chickens, etc. Recently we learned
this system does not work well for some younger residents because they
never carry cash and don't use checks--they pay for everything with their
phones.

I'm just beginning to look into this, so I'm wondering if other communities
have experience using these payment methods. Clearly, it would be easier
for the residents who use these apps, but does it create more work for the
Finance team? Any complications we might not anticipate? Is one app better
than the other?

Thank you!
Heather Carver
Columbia Ecovillage, Portland, OR