Re: To HIre or Not to Hire a Cohousing Consultant?
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:27:21 -0700 (PDT)
R.N. Johnson <cohoranda [at] yahoo.com>
after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject line.

New Brighton Cohousing, where I live,  bought an existing site with
11 townhomes and a single family home rather that build from the
ground.  We did not hire an ongoing consultant, but our core group
went to a lot of cohousing workshops and we did hire Katie McCamant
for a few hours here and there.  Even in our case, I think we would
have saved ourselves years had we ponied up for a consultant earlier
in the process.  I can't imagine going through the building process
without having a cohousing consultant on board.  It is too easy to
run in circles or making very costly mistakes on your own.

Randa Johnson New Brighton Cohousing