Be sure to put your address on your website [was web hosting services - HostGator
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 06:30:54 -0700 (PDT)
> Question about this note in your email.
> Be sure to put your address on the website (search the archives on that
> subject.)
>
> Do you mean put our local, street address on our website?

I was cryptic because I was in a hurry but also because this has been a long
standing “joke” on Cohousing-L that people routinely assume that everyone in
the world knows where they are. One of the most perplexing led to a website
that not only didn’t an approximate geographic location, it didn’t give a
continent. I was looking at the mountains because they didn’t look like any
mountains I was familiar with — not that I’m familiar with that many mountain
ranges. But it seemed clear that I wasn’t in Kansas anymore. (Finally
discovered a clue that it was Australia.)

“Capital City” is not revealing. “Just off Main Street” is even less revealing.
Northern California pins down a coast but not everyone knows where north begins.

The good news is that I finally figured out that it’s the personal nature of
cohousing. People are so close to themselves that where they are geographically
is obvious. They seem to feel the same way when talking about cohousing. We all
know each other and exactly where we live, or want to live.

At least 10% of the units at Takoma Village were purchased by people who lived
in neighboring states and even several states away. Over the course of
development some found new jobs and moved closer. Others kept in touch by
email, visited, and showed up to move in.

Somewhere out there is someone who always wanted to live in your town— if you
let them know you are in it.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines