Re: Resales in Your Community: :-) or :-(
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 10:05:35 -0700 (PDT)
This is a plug for Ann's Resale Session at the conference. I find most existing
communities are terribly unorganized when it comes to resales, and yet worry
about who might buy. The key is NOT legal resale restrictions, but the
community having or helping to find buyers that can afford your homes and
appreciate what you have to offer.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 5/21/19, 5:11 AM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Ann Zabaldo"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

    Hi all!

    If you’re coming to the CohoUS conference in Portland, Oregon end of the
month … and the resale process in your community either doesn't

    a)  exist,

    b)  work very well

    or

    c)  is on life support …

    plan to attend my workshop “Resale:  Are You Smiling or Frowning?”  Sunday
morning, June 2nd,  9:00 a.m.  (9 am?  Is she crazy?   Go to Yoga at 6 a.m. …
bring a cup of coffee to the session …all will be well … )

    Learn how Takoma Village Cohousing’s Resale & Rental Pod

    -  Rebooted Workshare

    -  Reenergized Our Community

    and

    -  Raised $97,000 in contributions in just 4 years from grateful home
sellers
      on a $250 Annual Budget.

    I will share with you how we create a pool of potential buyers, how we help
owners with the sale of their home without an agent saving them many thousands
of dollars simultaneously netting donations to Takoma Village,  and the various
forms we use throughout the process.   Once you learn the basics, you can adapt
this program to fit your community’s needs.

    Come share how your community handles resales.  Come learn how you can make
a difference in the resale process in your community.

    And also please come so I won’t be lonely at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning …

    See you soon!

    Best --

    Ann Zabaldo
    Takoma Village Cohousing
    Washington, DC
    Member, Board of Directors
    Mid Atlantic Cohousing
    Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
    Falls Church, VA
    202.546.4654

    Every corpse on Everest was once an extremely motivated person.  (Maggie
O'Neill The Twilight Sewen)