Re: Satisfaction (Happiness) Surveys?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 15:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
We heard a lot about how people were feeling with interviews that asked
something like this:
1) what do you imagine here in the next five years?
2) What do you wish was different
3) What can you do to contribute to these visions"

We heard lots of ideas, lots of dreams, a few disappointments and got a
general sense of how people like it in cohousing (for the most part they
like it, and we have some significant barriers for some people.)

We (unintentionally) followed that up with a great weekend retreat (with
Eris Weaver as facilitator) that addressed the question "what are our
narratives about our community, are those narratives helping us, and how
can we change the ones that are not helpful."

We've spent the last year doing follow-up on various things we heard and I
find that it is good for us as a whole to engage in this. The open ended
nature of the questions mean we have to ask more as we work on each idea,
and we've had some rich discussions.

I expect that one survey will continue to be meat for discussion for
another year.

Liz
Mosaic Commons Cohousing, Berlin, MA