Re: Satisfaction (Happiness) Surveys?
From: Susan Magocsi (susanmagocsigmail.com)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 06:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
I am from Aria Co-Housing in Denver, CO and we recently wrote and then asked
our community to complete the Aria Satisfaction Scale.  After I combed the
literature for a relevant Satisfaction Scale, I decided to design our own.
Several members of the Community Well-Being Committee and the community at
large offered edits to the initial scale.  It is divided into two sections.
The first part is 25 questions answered on a 5-point scale and a N/A response
as well.  These questions were divided into pertinent categories to include
Participation, Physical Plant, Social Functions, Decision-Making and Conflict
Resolution, Finances, Committees and Communication.  The second section is 10
open-ended questions like “What is the most frustrating part of living here?”
These two sections provide both quantitative and qualitative results.  Members
could decide whether to show their results with their name or by being
anonymous.
The Scale was administered and the scaled questions were tabulated and
interpreted using Survey Monkey.  Results of these scaled questions were
presented and discussed with the community and these discussions were rich with
ideas.  Based on this, objective goals will be written and implemented.  So
far, the open-ended questions and the answers have been posted for all to read.
 A qualitative analysis of these statements will be made and utilized as well.
We plan to administer the scale again in about 6 months to monitor changes and
to develop further goals taking our community in the direction chosen by this
survey.
Susan Magocsi