Re: How does your community handle outdoor lighting?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 08:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Dawn and all —

Can I chime in here?  Suggest you contact the US Green Building Council about
lighting.

https://new.usgbc.org <https://new.usgbc.org/>

Takoma Village in Washington, DC is a very urban, densely developed, urban
in-fill community.  We downlamped or downlighted (not sure which is the correct
term) our outdoor lighting so we have light on the ground not in the sky.  I am
sure the USGBC will have lots of information/recommendations that can inform
your decision about lighting.

BTW — what community are you with and where are you located?  I appreciate
knowing where in the country groups are emerging, building or built.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

“Am I perfect?  No.   But am I striving to be a better person every day?  Also
No.  (From a series of DIY embroidery quotes by The Twilight Sewen)