Re: Slack
From: Lauren Lake (laurenlake161gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
Judith,

We are using probably 80% Slack, 20% email. The emails are generally more
official messages to the whole group. Team-level communication is all on
Slack. One-off direct messages between two people are often via email.

We launched it by setting up channels for likely topics and just tossing it
out there and seeing what happened. It helped that we had several members
who were using Slack at work or other community organizations. The growth
was organic. I’d say it took 3-4 months for it to really take hold.

Lauren