Using the new website, directory and classifieds
From: Karen Gimnig (karencohousgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 11:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
We've had a number of folks contacting us for help using the new website,
and we suspect that there are others with the same questions, so here are
the answers to the most common questions we are getting.

1. My old username doesn't work.
Answer: That's true.  The new website is an all new website. You will need
to create a new user account in order to place classified ads or directory
listings.

2. I can't edit my directory listing.
Answer: Unless you have created a new user account AND a new directory
listing, it doesn't know that the listing is yours.  We ported over a
temporary listing from the old data, but it isn't great.  We believe it is
actually easier (for you and for us) to create a new listing on the new
website than to edit this temporary listing. In the process you will be
asked to create a new user account if you haven't done that already on the
new website.  Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to edit
your directory listing.

3. I need help placing a classified ad.
Answer: We are still fine tuning our classified ad system. As above, you
will need a user account on the new website to access your ad.  Also, the
new system will need to know that your ad belongs to your user account.  If
you created the ad yourself, you should be all set. If not, I may need to
play with the back end to get it working.  Please feel free to email
directly with any problems you are having placing a classified ad.

If these do not answer your questions, please feel free to contact me.  I'm
always glad to help.

Also, as a reminder, if your community has not yet created a new listing
for the new directory, or if you are a seeker or professional and you have
not created a listing for the new directory, please do that now!  (See item
2 above.)

Thanks so much. We look forward to more connections all around in
cohousing.

--
Karen Gimnig
Associate Director